Friday, November 15, 2013

In a Hurry Muffin Tin Mini Omelette

{encouragement} Buddy Up and Do Things Together

Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! Again, if two lie together, they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone? And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—a threefold cord is not quickly broken. Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

It's not even been a month since starting this blog and I've been slacking! Ever since Babester started school last Tuesday I've been trying to be intentional with my "free" time. As not to waste a minute I've been trying to balance exercise, grocery shopping, house work, and making time for others by spending time with them or being in prayer.  Today I went to the Aliso Woods Canyon to do a run with my friend, and boy did that feel great! I don't know the exact statistics but she had a Nike App that monitored our pace and our distance. I think we did 2.5 miles within 30 minutes? I'll check with her and get back. But what was awesome is that having a buddy made a difference! For me, getting into this exercise business takes encouragement and companionship for the endurance to pull through.  I honestly never thought of me as a runner simply because I don't have the stamina or training. One thing I have realized is that you just got to do it. Just Do It - the Nike motto right? Finding someone to be a side companion for the common goal makes it easier to reach than my own, especially when it comes to exercising!

Another recent way I have been encouraged is to buddy up with someone to keep you accountable.  For me,true friends don't come easy. Honestly there are a ton of awesome, encouraging, strong and confident people in my life but finding people that are willing to be a part of your life, to really know you and want to know you, that's a different story. It's easy to be a part of a community, especially in church, where you know alot of people and there are many wonderful sisters but finding deep connections and having a true blue relationship takes time to build and develop. So, I've been giving thanks to the Lord for certain friendships that have blossomed in my life recently to help me get through the every day struggles and point me back towards Christ our Lord. So if you have found a connection with someone, buddy up and be vulnerable. Share your life, not just what's on the surface but what really gets in between your relationship with God. Encourage one another towards the glory of Christ and not the glory for yourself.

And thirdly, buddy up with someone and make food!  Below I'll share my Muffin Tin Mini Omlette recipe that I use to bake for Navigating Motherhood breakfasts. You can make this the night before and store in the refrigerator to be ready to pop in the oven when morning comes.  That's why I don't have a picture of the finished product yet!

--------------------------------------------------------

"In a Hurry Muffin Tin Mini Omelette"
Servings: 36



Ingredients:

16 eggs
1 cup milk (soy, rice, almond, 2%, etc)
pinch of salt 
Trader Joes tator tots
Trader Joes Fire Roasted Bell Peppers and Onions
1 can of corn
8 slices of Canadian bacon/ham
4 slices of bread, diced up
Mozzarella Cheese
Cilantro
And whatever other fixings you enjoy

Instructions:
  1. Scramble eggs in a large bowl, pour in milk and salt. 
  2. Spray the tin with Cooking Oil spray.   
  3. Fill in each muffin tin with 1-2 tator tots, corn, bell peppers,Canadian bacon/ham, diced bread. Pour in egg mixture right below line of muffin tin. Top with cheese and a pinch of cilantro.
  4. When ready to bake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake the omelets until they are puffy and the edges are golden brown, about 20 - 25 minutes.



I said to Buddy Up right?



Below are pictures of the ingredients I use, but really you can use whatever you have in your freezer and pantry. 








Finished Product! Easy on the go breakfast! Can be saved refridgerated and heated up in the microwave for the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment